Bass Boat Latch Key Matching

DFord143

Seaman
Question for all the Bass Boat restoration folks. Where are you getting the perko latches in bulk that'll all use the same key? I would like to replace the latches in my Tracker however I can't seem to find a bulk pack of latches that lock and I'd really like them to all match. I don't want four different keys for four different boxes if I can avoid it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Tracker or a Tracker dealer may sell you original type with matching keys. Wouldn't hurt to ask them.

DFord143

Seaman
Tracker or a Tracker dealer may sell you original type with matching keys. Wouldn't hurt to ask them.

Funny you mention that... I actually stopped into my local dealer and the guy next to me giggled and said 'hope your ready for sticker shock' as I asked the parts guy. The parts guy rattle off what basically was nearly $85 bucks a latch with no guarantee they will be keyed the same and I politely declined them ordering them in. The parts then told me all they do is basically buy them from Amazon, mark them up and sell them to me.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Funny you mention that... I actually stopped into my local dealer and the guy next to me giggled and said 'hope your ready for sticker shock' as I asked the parts guy. The parts guy rattle off what basically was nearly $85 bucks a latch with no guarantee they will be keyed the same and I politely declined them ordering them in. The parts then told me all they do is basically buy them from Amazon, mark them up and sell them to me.

It did hurt to ask. :facepalm:

Perko sells to boat makers. Maybe try contacting them. I hesitate to say it can't hurt. LOL

DFord143

Seaman
It did hurt to ask. :facepalm:

Perko sells to boat makers. Maybe try contacting them. I hesitate to say it can't hurt. LOL

I've found on Amazon and eBay both lots of suitable latches that'll fit the 2" hole already in the lids. I was just hoping that someone had a good source for keyed alike bulk packs. You make a good point however... they're all made by Perko, so go to the source!

s.hadley81

Petty Officer 1st Class
Call a locksmith and Maybe they can key them alike before you install them or maybe you can buy them direct from the manufacturer keyed alike. Worth a shot!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Yep contact Perko themselves for a quote and if that doesn't work then a good locksmith can easily make the changes. I am luck to have a good friend that is a locksmith and he has even keyed padlocks for me so it is very possible if you can find someone at a reasonable cost.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Those locks are the simplest on the planet. Remove them and have any reputable locksmith key them all the same.