Looking to buy Formula x2 fuel additive???

adm1476

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone know where I can buy Formula x2 fuel additive?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
google it. should be found with other snake oil treatments.

Thalasso

Commander
Your still running the water through the fuel system. The water in the fuel doesn't go anywhere. It just makes the water bond better
I would be wondering what is causing the water
The one for this product lists 2-Butoxyethanol (CAS# 111-76-2) as the major hazardous (per OSHA) ingredient.
[h=3]formula x2 (solves all ethanol caused problems?) Page: 1 - iboats ...
sb_safeannotation.png
[/h]
forums.iboats.com/.../457912-formula-x2-solves-all-ethanol-caused-problems

Last edited:

adm1476

Petty Officer 1st Class
Let me be clear on what I want it for. I want it because it mixed with water and allows it to be burned. I am not wanting it because it prevents the damaging effercts of using ethanol fuel. I have a Johnson 250 carbureted engine and it has been set up to run on ethanol fuel. Carbs rebuilt and ethanol friendly fuel lines. It is a thirsty motor. So I burn a lot of fuel. I run additive to stop phase separation. However I do seem to get a small amount of water in my tank. That is what I want the Formula x2 for. Can't seem to find where it is getting in.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
buy sea foam and be done with it... no point in re inventing the wheel

adm1476

Petty Officer 1st Class
Will sea foam bind with the water in the tank and allow it to burn through the fuel system just like gasoline??

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
yes removing water is one of many things it dose, take a look, i have been using it in every tank for the last 6 years for around 100 hours a year, i run a 20 foot pontoon kept on a slip on a 10 hp lake so keeping my motor happy is important, my twin fuel tank sits in the open with the vents open and gets hammered with rain,i enjoy walking down the ramp, cranking it up and going for a ride, and i do, water in the tank has never been a issue

aint trying to kick off the snake oil debait

http://seafoamsales.com/

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
fix the issue where you are getting water in your fuel. I would check your vent line or where you buy fuel

standard isopropyl alcohol (in the gas station as Heat brand in the little white bottles) has been binding with water to make it somewhat burnable for years. it is also the main ingredient in most water in fuel snake oils. however the majority of water in fuel comes from the place you fill up. underground tanks all have some level of water. if that level gets higher than 2" the gas station is supposed to pay a company to come out and siphon it off.

if your motor is that thirsty and you go thru that much fuel and your still getting water in your fuel, you are either:
A - pumping it in when you fill up
B - pushing it in via spray into your vent
C - leaking it in via water in your bilge

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
From the website with my underlining;

FORMULA X2 is the product capable of dealing with all major problems in all kinds of fuel today.

This is more than a Mechanic in a can, it's a whole flotilla of Mechanics in a can. :facepalm:

110 bucks per gallon is a lot of gas for your thirsty motor and filter elements for a water separator/filter.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Fix the problem where the water is getting in and go boating.

In season, I easily burn thru 150 gallons of E-10 a week. No tricks. No additives. Might get 1/2 a teaspoon a water in the Racor the entire season.

The trick is to keep fresh fuel in the tank. I top off after every trip (25-30 gallons). The "fresh" alcohol absorbs any free water that might have accumulated since last fill up. It works......

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I add 2 plus 4 every fill up because I am superstitious. I have never put a drop in my vehicles though.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Get a water separating filter and/or buy something with 100% isopropyl alcohol in it. The SeaFoam snake oil has some isopropyl alcohol in it but you are paying a bunch of money for nothing.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Some, or should I say many of you more experienced boaters don't buy into the "mechanic in a can" additives. I know guys that swear by Sea Foam. I have never used it. The reason, the writing is so small I can't read the instructions. Should I throw the full bottle in the tank or just throw it out?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I have not seen X2 in 20 years.I used to use it once a year and never had an issue.I think they had a great commercial or advertisment where it would chemically combine a small quantity of water with the fuel making it one.Dont know if it actually worked but it was an impressive demonstration.I use Seafoam now.Charlie

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
That's what normal E-10 does every day of the week, and at no extra charge, imagine that.