How good is this brand?

lizarda

Recruit
My dad went to see these guys, INMAR Inflatable Boats, and the boat look really nice. The thing is, we don't really know much about boats, so before he bought the boat I wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this brand.

We want the boat just for cruising around, fishing, diving, fun

Any info on this brand would be appreciated!

http://www.inmarinflatables.com/default.asp

IMG_5335.JPG

IMG_5339.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5335.JPG
    IMG_5335.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 0

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I don't know about the brand but a RHIB is a very purpose driven craft as the website advertises and IMHO they're not really designed for much else especially fishing.

mr 88

Commander
Basically a leaning post and a small seat in front of it,translates to very small passenger capacity and not comfortable at all for a day on the water. Probably a wet ride as well. I would be looking for a 21' or so fiberglass boat to do what you are looking for.

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
According to their web site they are mostly used as a 'rescue' boat. Is that what you are looking for? I can see a fishhook making a hole in it :(

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Welcome!
I spent quite a bit of time using rigid hull inflatable boats (RHIBs) in the Navy. They are a blast and a half. They are able to handle much rougher seas than a similar size regular boat and weigh significantly less. A standard Mark 1 Mod 0 fish hook is not likely to puncture the tube of a RHIB. SCUBA off a RHIB is ultra easy, though getting back in can be a challenge. Sitting on the gunwales is a lot more comfortable than on a hard sided boat as well. The reduced weight and increased buoyancy can make it easier for two people to handle at the trailer as well. I think a RHIB can be an excellent choice and that one looks very well outfitted.
The down side is, of course, increased maintenance. While the tube material is tough, it can still be punctured and the seams can come apart. They have to be inspected fairly often. You still have a fiberglass hull and a transom that can develop rot just like a regular boat, and the draft is not significantly less than a regular boat. The only boat I have geared up in for SCUBA that was harder was a pontoon boat - neither offers a particularly stable platform to work from.
Inmar is a well known international brand that produces a quality product. Not as well known as Zodiac, for example, but still good.