HAPPY UPDATE!

So a few weeks ago I posted this-
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...-not-engine-topics/10298107-need-legal-advice

Honestly, I was pretty discouraged and realized all the ways I went wrong in the situation; I didn't report immediately, being the main one.

Out of desperation, I contacted one of kids on Facebook to see if we could come up with a solution. Amazingly, he responded, and basically admitted fault to everything. Hmm, idea!

I got some legal advice (shout to Oatley! These guys were awesome) and after some strong-arming, I've got all the repairs covered by the parents of one of the guys.

I'm pretty shocked with how well everything turned out, but remember that this was a pretty lucky turnout. Even with my awesome legal rep, I would have been essentially screwed without the written confession via FB message.

So, long story short, DON'T DO WHAT I DID, always report accidents!

roffey

Commander
good to see people still take responsibility for their kids. I would love to have been a fly on the wall listening to that conversation and the ones that followed with the other boater friends

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I do remember this issue. However, you never posted what actual damage there was. I would be interested in seeing how much damage they did to your boat. JMHO

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
Well, just because you made some mistakes doesn't mean you don't deserve a happy ending. Congratulations.

Ned L

Commander
It's good everything worked out ok. (I remember it too.)