New Owner of 1988 Thompson 220 Carrea

MWGene

Recruit
I have had the boat winterized, ie. engine oil & filter changed, the block filled with anti-freeze, lower unit oil changed, all hoses checked. But I was wondering about the fresh water supply & sink in the cabin. I could not locate the point to add water for use in the sink. The waste water point is located in the very front of the bow. The small porta potty is also in the cabin.

What needs to be done to winterize these?

Is the original Owner;s manual available for this boat?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Is the sink one that has running water and a spigot or just a basin and a drain?

If running water you need to pump all the water out and pump rv antifreeze through or blow out completely.

The grey water tank and black water tank also need to be emptied and winterized.

MWGene

Recruit
The sink has a spigot to turn the water On & Off. So there must be a switch that runs a pump to allow the water to flow. I could not find the point to add water. At the bow there is a place for waste water. If I find the point to add fresh water, do I add RV antifreeze there?

tpenfield

Staff member
Sometimes the fresh water tank is located in the cabin or other compartments and does not have a fill fitting on the deck.

2 things to do with the water system

1) get it to purge all of the water (somehow) you will have either a manual pump at the faucet or an electric pressure pump (which is probably not working)

2) get some RV/Marine anti-freeze to run through the system so the faucet internals and the drain system do not freeze.

harleyman1975

Ensign
I had a cruisers which is also made in Wisconsin and I believe that the same family owns both companies or at least did in years past. anyhoo the water fill was opposite side of the boat from the fuel fill with water tank located under the "navigators" seat and the pump out was located on the bow.