Just thinking out loud here. Glove box built in to center console?

H@ystack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've stared at marine store aisles, home depot and ace hardware long enough. Here's my idea. I'd like to get a small dry box that would drop in to a hole in a center console. I have a lot of room. I don't do more than basic flats so I'll not need a big screen on this thing. So, I think it would be nice to have a dry box, maybe 4x6 that drops in to your console. I can picture it easily, but in all my searching it does not exist... That i know of. It would be like having easy access glove box.

I was thinking of a small plano box but nothing has a lip big enough to drop in and seal

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
The camping and boating section of WalMart has a dry box they sell. I never paid close attention to it but might fit your needs. Or, a plastic ammo box might be adaptable. They have an o-ring and a hinged lid...

H@ystack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally found one made for this. I knew I couldn't be the only one with this thought. Oh well. I was preparing for Shark Tank.

I searched online and stores, but my online searches just didn't have that right wording

bashr52

Chief Petty Officer
I finally found one made for this. I knew I couldn't be the only one with this thought. Oh well. I was preparing for Shark Tank.

I searched online and stores, but my online searches just didn't have that right wording

What did you end up finding?

H@ystack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What did you end up finding?

Actually, glad you asked. I found some that just aren't water tight. So I'm back to square one. I found a place that will make them for you with star board but it was like $300 for something the size of a wallet and a phone.

I think I'm going to tinker. I'm ok with wood so maybe I'll make a model out of that and find a plastic mold guy. This should be easy and very cheap. I'm not sure how pelican or plano have figured this out.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Dry box is what you are looking for. I don't think I would want it attached to anything except my PFD because if things get bad, I want my phone, wallet and car keys with me. A small one like this works for keys, wallet and phone, maybe move up one size if your wallet is stuffed or the phone is a big one.

If you want to put it in the console, make a slot to drop it in.

waterproofwitho-ring-4648size_0.jpg

http://www.iboats.com/Plano/dm/cart_...r.brand%3A1182

H@ystack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Dry box is what you are looking for. I don't think I would want it attached to anything except my PFD because if things get bad, I want my phone, wallet and car keys with me. A small one like this works for keys, wallet and phone, maybe move up one size if your wallet is stuffed or the phone is a big one.

If you want to put it in the console, make a slot to drop it in.

waterproofwitho-ring-4648size_0.jpg

http://www.iboats.com/Plano/dm/cart_...r.brand%3A1182

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Something simple that can drop in a be a glove box and dry box. I'd like something i can template and have it permanently seated in a boat. And not look like it doesn't belong. Nice and flush. Moat boxes I've looked at will just look redneck engineered.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Whitewater paddlers use Pelican boxes to carry their cameras and other gear that need to stay dry. One of those could be adapted for the OP's purpose.

Kruegs35

Seaman
Try searching for Sail Systems Console/Glove Storage Box. Also Boat Outfitters has several.

Last edited: