help with older sailboat ID

sundancer26

Cadet
New guy here looking for help with identification of a older sailboat. I was told it was Scandinavian and made in the mid 70's

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Sundancer:

Morgan and MacGregor are the only two names I can think of, but I don't know that "M" for either of them. I'm not sure MacGregor ever made a full keel hull - but I'm no expert for sure.

Any numbers stamped into the hull or anything?

southkogs

Staff member
Forgot about Mirage Sailboats ... but again, never seen anything by them full keel.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Morris Yachts feature a embedded M logo. The current is logo is an M and Y.

my.PNG

GA_Boater

The HIN decoder has the results below the photo. The M stands for Marieholms. Google Marieholm and there's your M. This was an interesting challenge! :D

241016-49c4cc6e3b3fe11b79603ac11911cc56-com.jpg
HIN Search results:
Success! MHM018900774 is of the standard HIN type called Straight-Year HIN. If you are buying this boat/craft then you should get the Boat-Alert History for 9.99$ and consider Boat Insurance from the BoatU.S. Program.​
MHM HIN Decoder

Our HULL ID Decoder breaks down the Hull identification number into the following information:
The HIN or CIN you have entered meets the Straight-Year HIN format. It might also be a type that contains the country code and thus the boat comes from USA or Other . The serial number of the HIN is 01890 and is set by the boat builder. This boat or vessel has a Certification Date of (1974) and a Model Year of 1974 with month of build (July) based on the formatting of your hull_identification_number (HIN) .​
The manufacturer identification code (MIC) of your craft identification number (CIN or HIN) is MHM. This MIC (MHM) stands for the company name Mhm Marine Llc which is currently In Business. This boat manufacturer has other company names (MHM sometimes goes by these name(s) Mhm Marine Llc Dba Eldora Boats, Ed Thrall Yacht Broker (oob), If-boat Marieholms Br(oob), or International Folkboat(oob).​
This company (Mhm Marine Llc) is owned by Marc Vickers and is located at PO BOX 95 in BLADENBORO state of NC. It manufactured this vessel and placed you HIN or CIN on the hull. The Parent Company for this boat maker is (). Mhm Marine Llc has started making boats, yachts and other watercraft as of 1/29/2010 12:00:00 AM.​
Make sure to compare the date of boat manufacturing with the dates in which the company was actually in business.​
The US Coast guard provides this comment about this watercraft manufacturer: Mfg Contact: Bo Sodervall, Addr: Marieholmsbruk 330 3,mfg Name: Marieholms Bruk Ab ^hillerstorp,sweden /sail092587 Pmr; 12/88 Oob Per Cg-5093. Ed Thrall Yacht Broker (san Leandro Ca) Ib-2/13/1973 Oob-12/22/1988..​
More details at the US Coast Guard.
If you are purchasing this boat/hull then get the Boat History here or the BoatFax Report to complement it.
There are 0 boat Recalls for Mhm Marine Llc your vessel:

Mhm Marine Llc Boat Recalls for your HIN and MIC: 0.

southkogs

Staff member
Cool detective work GA -

Iron Ballast in that monster keel of yours, sundancer! I looked up a little bit about the boats. That thing should sail nicely and look gorgeous.

sundancer26

Cadet
Being new to sailing a friend turned me on to it saying it's good solid boat to start on. Now I find out it is Swedish and made in 1974.
I was born in Sweden in 1974 so I guess I'll have to get it now.

GA_Boater

Sure you need to get her, sundancer. 1974 is an omen and serendipity. LOL

southkogs

Staff member
Perfect! :thumb:

My grandmother was born over in Sweden, but I've never been. Some great boats come out of that area of the world.