Hydro Turf (or competing brands) on the decks of a skiff?

H@ystack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey all, I am just looking for some opinions.

I have a 2016 CS JVX 18.

I thoroughly enjoy the hydro turf on my brother's mud boat. Granted, his boat NEEDS it. It gets really hot and uncomfortable. My boat obviously does not really need it.

I was thinking of putting a little on the front deck, trimmed around the seat plate and locker doors and some on the back fishing deck, trimmed around those doors too.

Any thoughts on this?

What are some other good brands worth looking at?

Are there any closeout stores, or places you know of with discounts?

thumpar

Admiral
I put Hydro turf on my jetski and really liked it. They have a close out section on their website. Seadek is another brand that is similar.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
around here many of the flats boats and off-shore guys run rhino liner. most get the white.

H@ystack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
around here many of the flats boats and off-shore guys run rhino liner. most get the white.
The rhino liner will still have a "harder" feel to it, right? It's spray on bed liner, right? I've never seen it in person, so I'm not sure if it adds a cushion. I could be wrong though, so let me know if I am.

One reason for the turf was to add a little bit of cushion at least.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
it is polyurethane. it does provide a bit of cushion, however it mainly provides a non-slip surface that cleans up easy with a pressure washer (fish guts, goo, etc)