Buying a new boat

jcapps

Recruit
Hi, I am currently in the market for a new or slightly used boat. I was wondering about the NYC boat show coming up in January. Is it worth the wait? Are there special incentives on pricing, financing etc? I have found a few deals locally but if I can do better at the boat show I will gladly wait as the season is almost over anyway

Thanks in advance

oldjeep

Admiral
Hi, I am currently in the market for a new or slightly used boat. I was wondering about the NYC boat show coming up in January. Is it worth the wait? Are there special incentives on pricing, financing etc? I have found a few deals locally but if I can do better at the boat show I will gladly wait as the season is almost over anyway

Thanks in advance

Best bet if you want a new one would be to start shopping the 2015,2016 models that dealers still have left over. Typically pretty happy to get them off their floorplan financing when the 2017's are already arriving. Boat show pricing isn't typically anything that you can't negotiate down to or below by yourself.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A friend bought a new boat at the Toronto boat show this year. He found a dealer that was from over 200 miles away. He offered a price on a boat in the showroom that was rejected. The last day, a Sunday, he stopped by the booth and offered less and it was accepted. They may not have wanted to trailer that boat back up north during the impending snow storm.

jcapps

Recruit
Thank you both for the advice. Now to decide on an I/O or Outboard. Some great deals on I/Os right now but the outboard seems to be the hot ticket

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Good luck shopping. For me shopping for a toy and the anticipation of using it is the best feeling.

jcapps

Recruit
Got a smoking deal on a lightly used 2016 Sea Ray 240 that was loaded with options, including an extended warranty. It was a private party deal. Going to be a long, long winter

southkogs

Staff member
It didn't happen without pictures ;)

Congratulations :thumb:

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Got a smoking deal on a lightly used 2016 Sea Ray 240 that was loaded with options, including an extended warranty. It was a private party deal. Going to be a long, long winter

That's great capps! I've got another manufacturer's 240, and would love to see how they compare - so I look forward to seeing your boat pictures

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer

Nice! Anticipation is the best part IMO!

aspeck

Staff member
Sweet ... congratulations on the new money pit! However, as has been mentioned, we are a skeptical bunch and require pictures to know it really happened!

roffey

Commander
I go into withdraws every fall when I put the boat away. Scan you tube videos for boats, look at new and used boats and I'm not even in the market for a boat.

Its a sickness I tell you.

jcapps

Recruit
That's great capps! I've got another manufacturer's 240, and would love to see how they compare - so I look forward to seeing your boat pictures
The 240 Sundecks are all similar. I will upload and post some pics soon. But the 16s are still on SeaRays site