My introduction & Bayliner 2252 Classic

Tarek307

Recruit
Hello iboats. i'm Tarek, I've always loved boats, i grew up on the Mediterranean in Alexandria, Egypt...FFW and in 2015 i started thinking about getting a boat, ended up buying a 1995 Bayliner 2252, had to fix the starter and oil sensor and she ran fine but after a month i kind of got sick of how old the interior and seats were dirty & also paying the Marina and ended up selling it...FFW again to last week, i got an urge for a boat again ( i was just in Corsica, France this summer on boats & it rekindled my urge) so i called the guy i sold the boat to last year and sure enough was able to buy it back from him.

I love this little boat, easy to navigate & work on. The seats were all ugly dirty had mold was going to order new ones but went online and saw that simple green may work, i bought some simple green and got to scrubbing and voila they almost look new again-

here are a few pics

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Hi Tarek and welcome to iBoats. Thats a real nice looking boat you there. Enjoy.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Hi Tarek, Welcome to iBoats M8

I will reply to your message in my thread but just want to let you know I am following your thread as well. I know this boat like the back of my hand; if you have any questions, just ask.

Tarek307

Recruit
Hi Tarek, Welcome to iBoats M8

I will reply to your message in my thread but just want to let you know I am following your thread as well. I know this boat like the back of my hand; if you have any questions, just ask.
Thanks Deep Blue. My boat had an old vhf radio on it that wasn't working, last owner removed the radio but antenna and power hookups were there, i bought a new VHF and tried to connect today and nothing- i connected the red to red, black to black and hit the radio switch on boat and nothing..checked fuse which is on the wire coming from boat its fine..tried to play with switch on boat maybe its corroded but nothing. Gonna have to bring an electrician in sadly at $65/hour. My horn also works for a couple of times then stops, then after a while will work again just couple of beeps then nothing

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Before you bring the $65/h electrician, go and grab your self a good multimeter from any electronics store. Set it on DC Volt and verify 12 volts on the source line when you turn on the switch. I am guessing you will not find them.

Are you/boat in California or Alex?
Are you mechanically/electrically inclined? Are you comfortable doing basic tasks/tests on your own?

Last edited:

Tarek307

Recruit
Before you bring the $65/h electrician, go and grab your self a good multimeter from any electronics store. Set it on DC Volt and verify 12 volts on the source line when you turn on the switch. I am guessing you will not find them.

Are you/boat in California or Alex?
Are you mechanically/electrically inclined? Are you comfortable doing basic tasks/tests on your own?

I dont know how to do any of these things, electric tasks and so on i'm horrible at and always end up breaking stuff. My boat is in California, Alexandria is where i'm from..come from a long line of Merchant & Military captains..but i never got into it till now.

harleyman1975

Ensign
Welcome to the forum! I see you have a fine little doxi as first mate. We also have doxi's loyal little dogs...good watch dogs too. I bet you have a poor ground issue from the sound of things. I will be waiting to find out what it was.

Tarek307

Recruit
Welcome to the forum! I see you have a fine little doxi as first mate. We also have doxi's loyal little dogs...good watch dogs too. I bet you have a poor ground issue from the sound of things. I will be waiting to find out what it was.

Yes my little wiener dog Enzo, he's great...definitely scared of the sound of the boat so i dont think he likes it too much lol...i got an electrician he did alot of stuff for me and final cost was only $200. He fixed the horn, fixed the running lights which had to be banged to work- installed the VHF, installed 2 cigarette lighter outlets so i can charge stuff- connected the boat battery charger and also tidied up all the wiring which was hanging under the dash.