where to buy and how to install a boat freshwater / shower system

chrismartin321

Recruit
So i have a 1998 Regal 2100 LSR bowrider that ive just finished repairing and is now in perfect condition.
I would love to find a reasonably priced freshwater shower system i can install somewhere in the back corner near the battery boxes next to the engine I/O.
Any suggestions on what to use? where to buy? DIY possibly? I live in Australia so our major retail outlets are Whitworths and BCF, but they dont have much. If anyone finds any suitable products if they could link them it would be great.
Thanks!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I went thru this exercise myself looking to add a fresh water shower. I have even purchased a bit of the system

Your going to need a fresh water tank, pump assembly, shower control, etc. Here in the states it would be about $125 for the tank, $250 for the pump, $150 for a quality shower head and control, and about $150 for plumbing and fittings. If you wanted heated shower, the small heat exchanger is about $200.

Sometime you can find a deal on a package.

Find an RV/Marine supply house locally if you want to go to a brick-n-mortar location

iboats has much of the components.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
I assume you aren't talking about a strip-down-naked shower, but instead something you can use to rinse off? Look at the Coleman Camp Shower. There are 2 types- solar heated and propane heated. Both are self-contained and don't require any plumbing.

http://www.coleman.com/5-gallon-camp-shower/2000014865.html

http://www.coleman.com/hot-water-on...leman-stovesandgrills-otherappliances#start=1

If you do want to install a full functioning shower and all the associated plumbing, shop RV suppliers. It's all mostly the same stuff, but priced a lot cheaper than anything labeled 'marine.'

My .02

tpenfield

Staff member
For USA, not sure if these products will be readily available in Australia.

ShurFlo is a popular pump brand, you will want to get the automatic kind that maintains pressure. (40 psi should be enough)

Whale is a popular shower head/valve assembly

Tank and plumbing would be generic, most boats use PEX tubing and fittings.

If you want warm/hot water, then you will want to consider a marine water heater that can run off of the engine cooling water for its heat. Atwood and Whale Seaward are a couple of brands to look for.