Bayliner windshield

kokajohn

Cadet
I have a 1998 Bayliner and I was wondering if it is possible to replace the original windshield. It is a walk-through wind shield and when sitting in the seats the thing only comes up to eye-level and I would like to get a "taller" windshield if that is possible..Any help PLEASE

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Anything is possible. However you will have to do a bunch of research to fine a windshield that fits your wants as well as the boat. Good luck.

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
Take my word boat windshields are expensive. It might be a challenge to find something that fits properly, and dealers/w/s places aren't going ot want o risk selling you an expensive windshield that doesn't fit properly. Can you swap your seat pedestal for a shorter height? Maybe consider installing a bolster seat for when you need the extra height? Below is a list of boat windshield places that I know of.

pcmw.ca
veralex.net
oceandynamics.com
www.taylormarine.com/windshields.html
Maybe check out greatlakesskipper, and ebay

thumpar

Admiral
If it is flat glass you may have better luck than if it is curved. For the cost you could probably sell the boat and get something you want and still be better off.

tlewis1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Replaced a windshield last season in the same aged Bayliner. Windshield came from Taylor Made in NY. They had to custom build it as I made a template for them to go off of. Trust me it is not worth the time or especially the money if your windshield is still in good condition. Only reason we did this job was because it was a insurance claim.