Replacement Covers?

Attitash

Recruit
Hi everyone. First, thanks for hosting this forum. I just found it and it looks like a great resource.

I just bought a 1991 Stingray [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]596ZP (17.5' bow rider) with a Merc 3.0. It's in great shape with only 420 hours. It came with a full cover, but I'm curious if it's possible to find replacement covers ? the kind that snap into the factory buttons. The full cover is just too much for everyday use.

Thanks so much.
[/FONT]

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard.

even if you found a new-old-stock cover, the snaps need to be installed on the cover to match where the snaps are on the hull. its just the way the covers are.

that being said, you can try Stingray directly or try great lakes boat top or dow canvas (Dowco Marine) as they made many of the OEM covers. you may need to contact your local canvas guy and have one made.

harleyman1975

Ensign
Great Lakes Canvas...or maybe its Great lakes Boat covers. out of TN. they do most of the oem covers for the major mfgrs.

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
Somebody that makes custom boat covers would be able to make you a cover and use all the existing snaps, er snap locations. Likely they would replace old snaps with new.