Is it firewood or is it worth something? Cruizon speed boat.

Looks like a pretty simple plywood hull. If the structure (stringers, frames, etc.) are any good, you might be able to strip it down and re-skin it. As Ned mentioned, it may only be good as a pattern boat. If it has some historical value, then someone may want it for just that. Once it is burned, it's gone. There may be that one guy who's gramps built them originally and he's looking for something tangible to remember him by and is willing to spend whatever it costs to acquire something that connects him to his heritage. I've seen it happen...

Sadly no, the internal hard wood frame work was what got the brute of the root (imagine a wooden bath tub for 30+ years). And It would be a nice thing to see it used as a pattern boat. Well I wish that I can find that person, when I do they probably won't pay much for it as I am in the business of selling.

Interesting its a "Ship of Theseus" (Lookup "Theseus' Paradox").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

It's a completely rotted plywood boat. You would use this as a template to build the same boat replacing almost 100% of the boat. You're doing your buddy a favor by saving him the cost and labor of disposing of it himself. Of course he wouldn't let you inspect it.....he knew it was rotten. I'm sure he's a good friend, but whether he's a good person is somewhat in question.

Funny as I have pondered the same idea, I just didn't know it was called the Theseus Paradox. Very funny that you showed me this. Thank you! Yeah the boat is toast and yes I was doing my friend a favor of taking it from him. My friend said that he didn't want me to do the inspection because technically it was still his and he didn't want it wrecked, but he didn't understand that that would have to have happened no matter what. So oh well I didn't pay any money for it was just my time spent helping my friend get it to it's current location. So I'm not at a lose, money wise.

Vintage Boat Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anything can be restored/ rebuilt if you want it to be, it just takes lots of time, knowledge and money. In its current condition it would be a labor of love more than anything, but as mentioned before, don't burn it because someone else may want it and give it a new life. Once they are gone we can never bring them back. Cool boat at one time though. My first restoration project had been saved from a burn pile ten years prior. and probably should have burnt, but I put lots of time into her and now she is a true one of a kind. If you do restore it, it will always give you pride.

You know I am usually the person that comes along and states that it can be rebuilt. However, I honestly don't see anything you could start with to rebuild. I have to say this one would be a NO answer to rebuilding even in my usual upbeat thinking. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

There is literally nothing to rebuild! Sell off the trailer for whatever you can get and be happy it is all gone.JMHO

Very true thanks for you your input!