Bilage Pump?

I'd echo everyone's advice about the bilge pump. Definitely wire it to automatically come on when the float is triggered. Route the discharge hose to the nearest spot on the transom or hull. Drill your hole and seal it with marine sealant. The discharge should be well above the water line, hopefully an inch or two below the gunnel.

As for the flooring, it's personal preference. Mine has carpet and there are times that I would prefer something that can take my boots and shoes better. Then again, good marine carpet cleans up well. My than my desire to deal with mud, I love having carpet for all of those summer trips where I can kick off my sandals and walk around barefoot on the carpet. Feels great. To each their own.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
One question, can you get to the transom near the center? there should be a cut out in the floor or an access cover to get to the bottom of the hull, if not and you have back seats maybe remove the bottoms and see if you can see the hull at the transom. Putting the bilge pump on the floor isn't going to get the water out of the hull until you pull the transom plug and if you moor/dock your boat for an extended time you want to get any water that is sitting between the floor and the hull so you may have to cut a hole.

Davis13

Cadet
There are no cut outs in the flooring. All carpet is up, and the boat didn't come with seats. I'll have to make those myself.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
There are no cut outs in the flooring. All carpet is up, and the boat didn't come with seats. I'll have to make those myself.

Could you post a picture of where the floor meets the transom, will give us a better chance to let you know what to do.