Boat salvage/junk yards

studders

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello, I was just curious if anyone know where a boat junkyard would be anywhere somewhat close to the Cincinnati area. I'm hoping to find a place know of like the car junkyard I go to where you can walk around and look and pull your own parts of need be. If anyone does know please let me know. Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Most boat salvage yards are not like car salvage yards. Most strip the boat down shelve some of the parts, then scrap the hull. Do a search for your area.

studders

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks I've been trying that but haven't found anything in my area. Maybe there isn't any.

jbcurt00

Staff member
.....Maybe there isn't any.
Probably not

A drive east and west along the Ohio river to smaller, older marinas might turn up a couple of derelict hulls w or w/out motors/trailers, but not likely to be a large 'selection' of parts you'd actually want to pay for.

What are you hunting, specifically?

Heres a list of a few yards
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...ilde1?t=438822

And google Lanier Marine in Georgia. But they aren't known to be real helpful via phone/email. Lots of junk hulls and questionable motors of unknown viability...

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
I don't know anything about your area but I only know of 1 in the northeast and it is way up in Bangor ME. So that said, I think they are very rare and hard to come by. You would think it would be a popular thing right?

Alumarine

Captain
Check out the boat sections on a regular basis on kijiji or craigslist or whatever is popular in your area.
After awhile you might find the guys or mechanics that part out regularly.

studders

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Probably not

A drive east and west along the Ohio river to smaller, older marinas might turn up a couple of derelict hulls w or w/out motors/trailers, but not likely to be a large 'selection' of parts you'd actually want to pay for.

What are you hunting, specifically?

Heres a list of a few yards
http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...ilde1?t=438822

And google Lanier Marine in Georgia. But they aren't known to be real helpful via phone/email. Lots of junk hulls and questionable motors of unknown viability...

Nothing to specific. I found things online I could get of I needed. Eventually I'm going to get some new seats and I'm looking for a peice of rail I broke off last year at lake Monroe. Like I said I found online but I kind of like walking through places like that and maybe see something that is still good. Kind of clears my head if you know what I mean. The season is almost over so I'm prob going to plan on doing some stuff as a winter project and get ready for next season. Thanks