Kicker and mercruiser fuel sharing

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
So as usual way overthought and over bought but she is in and tested, at least in the driveway. Didn't go with ricks quick disconnects but may in the future. Interesting was the location of the transom to kicker run, on the Garelick adjustable mount. At first i was trying to do as the crow flies but offset about 6 inches and a few extra inches of line worked much better.

Thanks for the help folks.

Redrig

Master Chief Petty Officer
So did you do one line into the fuel seperator then 2 lines out with a primer bulb on each ?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yes but only one bulb, I ran it for about 15 min then when i fired up the main all went well for another 30. Thinking the original out on the separater has a check ball in it.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Final update. Hit the water for a few hours yesterday and ran the kicker for maybe an hour of that and all perfect. Even ran both at idle speed for a bit and no issues. I think i should post this in the best mod thread. Sooooooo nice to have a kicker again and sooooooo nice not to have to jack with a separate tank.

Redrig

Master Chief Petty Officer
Nice ! I am ordering the same set up right now . Thanks for this thread , I hate my set up right now with the selector valve