Swim Platform and Lily Pad Float

arminius

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking at buying a 2009 18' Larson runabout with a swim platform on the back. Wondering if that is an ideal setup to have with the lily pad float? I'm new to using the lily pad floats and wondering if there is anything else I should consider when picking out a boat?

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
How large is the swim platform? Depending on the size of the lilypad, rolled up you are looking at a +- 2-3 ft diameter roll, which tiese really well onto swim platforms that cross the entire transom. If the boat allows for tying the rolled up pad to the transom hooks, you are in great shape for that use as it doesn't take up any space inside as you are cruising to your swimming destination.

arminius

Seaman Apprentice
How large is the swim platform? Depending on the size of the lilypad, rolled up you are looking at a +- 2-3 ft diameter roll, which tiese really well onto swim platforms that cross the entire transom. If the boat allows for tying the rolled up pad to the transom hooks, you are in great shape for that use as it doesn't take up any space inside as you are cruising to your swimming destination.

Here is a pic of the platform. does it look large enough? 00b0b_fmZjsPjiROv_600x450.jpg

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Absolutely! You should be able to rig something up to tie it to the cleats at the stearn and the tow hook. Great setup for the pad.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
No Title

I bought these anchors and installed them for our pad. They work perfect for a 2" strap!

Attachments

• photo251507.png
    photo251507.png
    215.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo251508.png
    photo251508.png
    768.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo251509.png
    photo251509.png
    945.3 KB · Views: 0