ID'ing my boat

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Help identifying year and model.
I bought as a 74 Crestliner but I've been having a heck of a time coming up with a definite ID, The plate is missing.
I don't think the windshield is correct but the rest seems to be.
I have more pics but having trouble uploading them as it says they are to big

Attachments

• photo251393.jpg
    photo251393.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 0

jbcurt00

Staff member
If its a 1974, it should have a HIN stamped into the glass on the top right corner of the starboard transom. Or is that the plate you're referring to being missing.

The HIN will provide the year and make, but not a model.

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I do have a number but it's not the HIN.

M35204 is stamped into the transom

jbcurt00

Staff member

Then its a ser# and pre-1972.

Title may be inaccurate, if you have one or registration, but IMO, its a lot of work to change the title to accurately ID the year. Although it might be nice for it to be accurate, depends on your states rules~regulations

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I did some searching for images of older Crestliners, looks like it could be a 1969. Still sure of model.

Parrothead71

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Really doesn't matter in Minnesota with the age of the boat, newer boats it does matter.
I really just wanted to know for myself for when I need to look for parts.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a 77 Crestliner....good luck looking for parts by year, make, and model of that crestliner. Just about the only thing i could get that was specific to the boat were the side decals.. Good luck with the boat. You might want to look up the Crestliner owners page. They are mainly older boats but someone there might be able to help.