Boat Seats & Factory Logo

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was looking at the boat seat section here on iboats at the multitude of boat seats they have at all different price ranges, and it struck me say in my case I have a 92 year model Tracker boat with the original boat seats. They are still in very decent shape for now, but what if I needed new seats ! I being a oem type guy like to stay with oem if possible. In my case I believe the oem Tracker seat for 1992 year model would be obsolete/discontinued or what ever you want to call it. On top of that it would probably cost a small fortune to replace with oem seats if I could.

I found on the iboats fishing boat seat section there are some Tracker style seats that would look (color scheme) good and probably be very comfortable if I needed some. I am assuming at the factory they take a new seat and use a logo stencil and some sort of vinyl fabric paint to put on the logo on the very back of the seat, like I said only assuming that's the way they do it. My question is this, is there any after market company that does these logos at a reasonable cost or a matter of fact if a individual could do this themselves ? I realize that some people could care less if a factory logo is present or not but some people might like to have the logo. I guess it would be like a counterfeit logo but someone that didn't know any different would think they are oem style factory seats.

On the back of my boat seats it says Tracker and like I mentioned it looks like to me the factory used some sort of vinyl paint, just guessing I don't know.

Tony

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
You can get any type of logo you want sewn into the vinyl, any local upholstery shop could tell where to have it done near by, or a Google search would find a discount online company.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Several members have used wrap vinyl logos on their seat backs w good success.

You could also have an upholstry shop use your current seats as patterns to stitch new seat covers then embroider the logo. As long as the seat foam and frame is in good shape.

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the reply guys yes I knew about the upholstery shops can do the embroidery into the vinyl but I was wondering about a stencil and vinyl paint because that is what it looks like on my back seats, also it looks like it would be cheaper to go that route if a person bought new aftermarket seats.

Tony

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not that I'm aware of, but to do stencils you'd have to get reverse mask vinyl. And the vinyl paint.

Just use the wrap vinyl.

Most factory logo'd vinyl I've seen was embossed. The logo actually pressed/formed into the vinyl.

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Not that I'm aware of, but to do stencils you'd have to get reverse mask vinyl. And the vinyl paint.

Just use the wrap vinyl.

Most factory logo'd vinyl I've seen was embossed. The logo actually pressed/formed into the vinyl.
Ok thanks, that answers alot, I was mainly just curious about what could be done.

Tony

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Reverse stencil and vinyl pain can be obtained by any sign shop