New guy.

bmk

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all
I actually have been a member for a few years but I just bought my first boat. It is just a 2003 tracker Deep v16 with a 60hp. Took it out for a couple of runs now, it is in great shape, so far it does not leak at all and everything works on the boat. I definitely have some questions I will need help with from you guys.

pckeen

Commander
Congrats and welcome to iboats. Post the questions in the appropriate forum, and I'm sure you will get answers.

hemi rt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Welcome to the forums, how about posting a few pictures of your new boat. Any questions - ask and they will be answered here.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

No leaks and everything works! We may need your help! :D

Ask away in the right forum section - Help will be on the way.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Without pictures, the boat purchase never happened...

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Welcome back bmk, I have a Tracker Pro Deep V 17 although it's a few years older than your boat, it's a 92 year model and I feel for it's age it was taken good care of most of it's life. Mine also has the 60hp Evinrude on it and to me it its powered just about right I have GPS 31.6 mph with the bimini up two people and gear. Oh yeah I highly recommend getting a bimini for your Deep V 16 you will not regret it at all. Good luck !

Tony

Attachments

• photo225805.jpg
    photo225805.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo225831.jpg
    photo225831.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo251096.jpg
    photo251096.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 0

bmk

Seaman Apprentice
Welcome back bmk, I have a Tracker Pro Deep V 17 although it's a few years older than your boat, it's a 92 year model and I feel for it's age it was taken good care of most of it's life. Mine also has the 60hp Evinrude on it and to me it its powered just about right I have GPS 31.6 mph with the bimini up two people and gear. Oh yeah I highly recommend getting a bimini for your Deep V 16 you will not regret it at all. Good luck !

Tony
That is about what I was getting the other day with 3 adults on the boat. I definitely plan to get a bimini for it.
Thanks

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That is about what I was getting the other day with 3 adults on the boat. I definitely plan to get a bimini for it.
Thanks
I also would recommend researching those bimini covers, the one we chose was not on the recommend list from the Tracker site where my wife got the sizes for our Tracker, they recommended like a 3 bow 6ft model I forget how high but I would be having to stoop down all the time myself being 6ft tall my wife is only 5'2 so no problem for her,she was just thinking of me. We chose the 8ft 4 bow with plenty of head room,it had the 1" stabilizer tubes in the rear and tie down straps in the front she found it on Amazon new for like $200.00 hardware included and a 5 year fabric warranty, also came with the storage boot.

When she first showed it to me it was displayed on a pontoon boat picture on Amazon and I told her that's to big and will not fit, getting the stare down I was wrong she assured me I have already measured several times and it will fit,of course she was right as always, it turned out good. :facepalm: :embarassed:

Tony

gm280

Supreme Mariner
here is a picture of it.

:welcome: aboard bmk, always nice to have a new boater on these forums...

Your setup looks pretty nice and ready to boat. Not everybody has one ready to go when they join us. That is their main reason for joining, to get their boats fixed and ready to go. So you are a little ahead of a lot of new members already. So post away your questions. There are tons of folks on the forums that know their stuff.

bmk

Seaman Apprentice
I also would recommend researching those bimini covers, the one we chose was not on the recommend list from the Tracker site where my wife got the sizes for our Tracker, they recommended like a 3 bow 6ft model I forget how high but I would be having to stoop down all the time myself being 6ft tall my wife is only 5'2 so no problem for her,she was just thinking of me. We chose the 8ft 4 bow with plenty of head room,it had the 1" stabilizer tubes in the rear and tie down straps in the front she found it on Amazon new for like $200.00 hardware included and a 5 year fabric warranty, also came with the storage boot.

When she first showed it to me it was displayed on a pontoon boat picture on Amazon and I told her that's to big and will not fit, getting the stare down I was wrong she assured me I have already measured several times and it will fit,of course she was right as always, it turned out good. :facepalm: :embarassed:

Tony

That's good information thanks...$200 is a great price, how is it holding up?

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
That's good information thanks...$200 is a great price, how is it holding up?
Actually it still looks like new after a year old, was installed July 2015. I keep my boat stored in a shop so really sun damage is not a problem. Just shop around before you buy, maybe we got lucky on price who knows. Here's the link and the one we purchased, I have no idea if they have other colors but you might contact the manufacture and see.

https://www.amazon.com/Pontoon-Vort...sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1472511908&sr=8-7&keywords

Tony

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
They have a pretty good bimini section here on iboats too.
I agree with you iboats has a very good selection of all kinds of marine goodies, although I have never purchased from iboats and it seems that we are like Amazon junkies especially since we are prime customers and receive a lot of free shipping.

Tony

bmk

Seaman Apprentice
Actually it still looks like new after a year old, was installed July 2015. I keep my boat stored in a shop so really sun damage is not a problem. Just shop around before you buy, maybe we got lucky on price who knows. Here's the link and the one we purchased, I have no idea if they have other colors but you might contact the manufacture and see.

https://www.amazon.com/Pontoon-Vort...sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1472511908&sr=8-7&keywords

Tony

Thanks again I appreciate it.