What is the best investment you made to your Boat ?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have a round Magma grill on my Wellcraft and a rectangular Kuuma on my pontoon. If i had to do it over again both boats would have rectangular Kuuma. Magma is overpriced for what you get and round is kinda dumb.

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Spotify premium was a great investment, 9.99 and play any song you want as much as you want. Now I always got music on the Boat.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Best safety investment:
Replaced all "plastic" thru hulls (8) and scuppers (2) with stainless steel.

Most useful: washdown system

Can't live without: Garmin 4208 chart plotter with fuel monitoring system

Money well spent: Furuno FCV 585 fish finder

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Spotify premium was a great investment, 9.99 and play any song you want as much as you want. Now I always got music on the Boat.

By far , my favorite so far. I boat on a tiny lake in the Adirondacks and I don't need charts or fish finders. I couldn't get lost blindfolded this lake is so small. But music...without the digital versions, you're not getting tunes. Good call RO55. my Android phone and my JBL Bluetooth speaker (16 ft boat) those would be my best investments into my little tinny. Oh, and the etec. Lol

Challenger84

Petty Officer 1st Class
Best $150 I've spent was on a 40k btu heater I installed..with the help from the forum menmber here.
I've been able to take it out on night cruises around the bay with tee shirts and shorts

MRS

Commander
Bimini top and SLT 10 Bennett tabs made a world of difference on the ride.

s.hadley81

Petty Officer 1st Class
one of mine is the grill but not a magma or a kumma, I have a weber that I made a rod holder mount which I used the magma swivel mount (like the bait boards) and some 1/2" stainless steel pipe for standoffs so it doesn't transfer the heat to the mount. I just fished a night Tourney and everybody at the weigh in was talking about the guy cooking sausage,pepper and onion sandwiches and how good it smelled! I use my little boat in fresh water so the weber holds up great and cooks a 100% better than the magma I had. Runner ups would be the Bluetooth stereo system ( no cords to trip on) with an Apple Music subscription and then my led deck lighting!

Davetowz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Tow Boat us membership and the vhf radio with a good antenna. :)

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My wife will tell you it is the heaters we installed with 'Hot Tubes'. For me it was an FAE exhaust pipe whic h has made my inboard the quietest boat on the lake.

On Holiday

Seaman Apprentice
Our first boat was a Sea Ray 180 and went many season with no bimini top. Our son was born in the month of November and we would need shade come the next season. That first outing my wife and I looked at each other and both said we should have done this years ago. Our current boat is a Regal 2400 and all we have added was a propane grill. And yes the boat does have a bimini top. As far as tow vehicles we upgraded to a diesel once we got the Regal.

gary2016

Recruit
nauticus trim tabs. worked great. no adjusting. no more porpoising. my wife loves the boat now.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
. As far as tow vehicles we upgraded to a diesel once we got the Regal.

This just reminded me of yet another awesome upgrade. I upgraded from a 1999 5.9 liter gas Durango 4x4 to a 2007 LBZ Durmax crew cab short bed GMC 4x4 last year. What a vast difference it makes having 115 more HP, 320 ft-lbs more torque, and TWICE as many usable gears in the transmission. Diesels rock for towing.