What is the best investment you made to your Boat ?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I agree about the Fortress anchor, I used to have some stupid mushroom type and had nothing but problems, now with the fortress my boat wont even move in some nasty Lake Powell gusts.
We used a Fortress on a 27' boat in Lake Powell. Always held.

tpenfield

Staff member
1. Chart plotter
2. Fuel flow meter
3. Remote control for my windlass
4. U-shaped zipper opening added to helm section of camper canvas.
5. Memory foam pad for master berth
6 Extra trim tab switches for easy use while standing.

My boat came with Bennett trim tabs, camper canvas, and a windlass, otherwise they would top the list...

Didn't you have the interior re-done this past year? wondering how it came out. :)

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Didn't you have the interior re-done this past year? wondering how it came out. :)

I did. The parts that are done came out nice, but took FOREVER, went way over the estimate, and one piece is still not done (the stuff was dropped off in March...).
Very disappointed with the shop, so it did not make my good investment list.

tpenfield

Staff member
I did. The parts that are done came out nice, but took FOREVER, went way over the estimate, and one piece is still not done (the stuff was dropped off in March...).
Very disappointed with the shop, so it did not make my good investment list.

Understood. Sorry to hear it was not a good experience.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
"For sale" signs....just kidding but surprised it wasn't on the list yet.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The best investment I can think of is also the worst one---

gascan.jpg

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
I think my best investment is the sonar, fishfinder, chartplotter with water depth and temperature and it also has a gps speedometer. :)

jumpjets

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does the boat itself count as a good investment?
New 2016 aluminum trailer with 4 wheel disc brakes. Easy to tow and stop.

Oshkosh1

Ensign
High Five prop.

Lost a couple MPH on the top end but I don't run WOT much anyhow. Between that and the Bennett trim tabs, the boat jumps outta the hole and up onto step with no effort.

New Lowrance GPS plotter/finder is nice as well.

fishrdan

Admiral
#1 - MK PowerDrive trolling motor! I'm not longer shackled to a foot controlled TM and can operate the TM from anywhere in the boat.

Close second would be an Alpha 4 prop, great match for the hull and it pops the boat on plane quickly.

When the family is on the boat, I would trade the trolling motor and prop - for the bimini top

eddie haskell

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes, my wife loves the bimini too, but I think she really, and I know I do, the COMFORTABLE pedestal seats with armrest, that adjust up and back and swivel.
It has improved the riding under way as well as flipping them around toward the cockpit and just chilling time. I bought them used/salvaged, from/off a boat the insurance settled with after hitting a rock, the guy quickly ran it into the beach to save it from sinking.....the seats were used, but not damaged, and they still fetched about half the price of new ( base, ped, seat ). If you aren't comfortable, you really are not enjoying your time on your boat as much as you can!

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Oh yeah, totally forgot about my Magma grill. That goes on my list too. It's awesome.

Thought about adding one several times... but isn't it a pain to clean after use, and store? I'm reluctant to add yet another chore to the list.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Thought about adding one several times... but isn't it a pain to clean after use, and store? I'm reluctant to add yet another chore to the list.

I have a perfect storage space for mine that is easy to clean so I don't sweat it if I don't clean the grill at every use. That said, I clean mine with my raw water wash down while it's hanging over the side of the boat, before I light it, so cleaning is not exactly challenging either. The upside of a grill is the ridiculously delicious food. Made chicksn fajitas and grilled shrimp for two different meals just last week. Petty fancy stuff for a meal cooked on a cuddy with no galley...

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
In this order

Depth finder/chart plotter
Windlass w/remote
Trim Tabs
Soon to be inter-cooling system

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Stainless prop. Better top speed and sharper turns without prop ventilation.

Also enhanced gauge package for my 40 year old v6 outboard. Boat came with tach, speedo, fuel. Added volt meter, engine temp and water pressure.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I leave mine mounted all the time. And cleaning consists of spraying it with a hose.