What is the best investment you made to your Boat ?

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For me and my wife we both agree that installing a new bimini top has been the best thing we have done yet. In fact it has really spoiled my wife the most that at any given time when needed that bimini is deployed,she's not all that interested about going with me now on the little Basshound 10.2 since it has no bimini. The first pic was when I bought the boat and second was less than a month after purchasing it.

Attachments

• photo225831.jpg
    photo225831.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo251096.jpg
    photo251096.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
Trim Tabs... Not the whale tale but real, adjustable trim tabs. Better hole shot and great control in rough water. Don't know what I did without them. They are outstanding!

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Not really sure.....but first thing that comes to mind is anchor winch/windlass

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
Trim Tabs... Not the whale tale but real, adjustable trim tabs. Better hole shot and great control in rough water. Don't know what I did without them. They are outstanding!

Hi Wahlejim, What brand and style of tabs did you use ? Do you guys ski ?​
As for me my best investment was adding a ski plyon

wahlejim

Master Chief Petty Officer
I have electric Lenco trim tabs. They are on a 1980 Sea Ray 192 bowrider. I have a Mercruiser 228 (5.0 ltr, 305 gm Block) powering it with an Alpha One Stern Drive. Boat was rebuilt and repowered in 2009 and I bought it in 2014. I have a 5 blade quicksilver stainless prop. We slalom behind it all day. Wake is bigger than ski boats, but pulls skiers out of the water just as well as any I have seen.

tpenfield

Staff member
1) Closed cooling systems on the engines (full systems) :thumb:

2) Anchor Roller and Windlass :thumb:

3) Tank gauge for fresh water system. :)

boltonranger

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well... For repairs- changing the 470 to a real alternator from the 35 watter it came with.
For non-repairs the trailer roller guides for the trailer. No longer at the mercy of the current or tide. I can always get the boat on the trailer without a fuss. Admiral loves how easy it makes trailering.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
For my Cobalt it was going from the F6 props to the F5. For my Chris Craft, I'd say bimini or 4 blade SS 17P prop. For my Baja was the the bimini...miserable w/o it on anything above 85˚

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
Perfect pass GPS cruise control and a Monster tower for wakeboarding

lineman09

Petty Officer 2nd Class
for me, probably a second anchor and rope , or my anchor buddy ...

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Trailer guides/boat guides. Best thing know where the trailer is while backing up and where it sits in the water while loading. Also pays for it self on windy days while loading.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
1. Kicker and bracket.
2. Fixed trim tabs.
3. Doelfin.
4. Power Winch.
5. Color Sonar / GPS Combo
6. Replaced all the ^%$# bunks with roller bunks.

The convertible top was OEM and gets used 95% of the time. If I had a Bimini it would be replaced with a conv. top.

mr 88

Commander
Radar and autopilot. Fogs roll in real quick on Lake Ontario and auto allows me to troll without running up to the wheel while I am working the deck. Gps gets me straight back to the harbor when out of sight.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I suspect the $55 galvanized harbor freight loading ramp I'm going to bolt onto my trailer for a walking plank will be it... That or the new tires that are showing up this week 😎

pckeen

Commander
On one, repowering with a nearly new Yamaha F90 that I had do to no work on.
On the other, repowering with a 1955 Evinrude QD-16 that I had to completely rebuild.

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
First thing I did to my SeaRay when I got it was install a transom trim switch. Converting the trailer from surge to electric brakes was also a huge improvement.