Someone talk me out of this boat, before I make an effort to see it....

Philster

Captain
Ok, i'm coming out of left field on this one given you asked to be talked out of it....have you considered buying a shore house if you don't have one already and skip the size upgrade?

That was the route we took and are good with a 24 foot bowrider. Of course here you can get an acceptable place for less than $500,000 which is a lot cheaper than the shore.

I know... you said coming out of left field. I don't mind pursuing a true waterfront (bay) property someday, but you have to understand that I live -- intentionally -- positioned within 45 minutes of the Chesapeake and about an hour from Ocean County and Cape May County in NJ, and about 45 minutes from the Delaware Bay, and practically on top of the Delaware River, with water access to Delaware Bay -> Ocean, or Delaware River -> C&D canal -> Chesapeake. I could put her in Cape May if I want.

I'm pretty darn coastal. I could do salt water, fresh water and brackish water in the same day.

Also, understanding the culture of beach and shore towns, you will always have family and friends nearby, whether you're in Maryland or a South Jersey town 150 miles away. It's an amazing dynamic that is very, very hard to explain.

jkust

Rear Admiral
I know... you said coming out of left field. I don't mind pursuing a true waterfront (bay) property someday, but you have to understand that I live -- intentionally -- positioned within 45 minutes of the Chesapeake and about an hour from Ocean County and Cape May County in NJ, and about 45 minutes from the Delaware Bay, and practically on top of the Delaware River, with water access to Delaware Bay -> Ocean, or Delaware River -> C&D canal -> Chesapeake. I could put her in Cape May if I want.

I'm pretty darn coastal. I could do salt water, fresh water and brackish water in the same day.

Also, understanding the culture of beach and shore towns, you will always have family and friends nearby, whether you're in Maryland or a South Jersey town 150 miles away. It's an amazing dynamic that is very, very hard to explain.
I hear you, I have lots of friends who live on the shore and have weekend shore homes. Nothing beat waking up looking at the water every day.