Older Boat Decals

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have been searching on the internet these last few weeks for a decal for my 1992 Tracker Pro Deep V 17 without any luck what so ever even finding a picture. I've been trying to find a up close picture of the console decal, because on my boat there's a decal impression that use to say Deep V 17. I've contacted a company on the internet that specializes in older decals and I sent them pictures of the decals I have still existing on the side's of my boat in which they are somewhat different from the console decal I'm looking for. It's funny that out of all the different old decals that can still be bought that I cannot find the Tracker Deep V 17. I even contacted a Tracker parts dealership with no luck. One thing though the company I contacted said that if I could do a tracing of the impression they would do their best to reproduce a decal for me free of charge. I sent them pictures of the console impression and the side's of the boat as a reference to the design and color scheme, I 'm going to try and see if I can do a tracing unless I or someone else can locate what I'm looking for. The pics below is what I sent them.

Tony

Attachments

• photo251017.jpg
    photo251017.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo251018.jpg
    photo251018.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo251019.jpg
    photo251019.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1

thumpar

Admiral
Look around locally for a shop that can cut them. We have a couple here.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Most shops that do vehicle lettering can easily reproduce those stickers for you. Although I would check around for pricing.

southkogs

Staff member
If they'll do it for free, I guess run with it. But any sign shop that does vinyl should be able to recreate that without any real issue.

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I do some searching around in my area and see what I come up with as far as graphic shops, because I not for sure I could do a good enough job of tracing out that impression, I don't know.

Tony

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Tony T, to get an exact perfect fit, you have to do two things, trace your old decal area the best you can and then either lay a ruler both horizontally and one vertically and snap a couple pictures or use graph paper to do the tracing. And to make the tracing a lot easier, go over the outer edges with a Sharpies and then when you lay the paper over it, you will be able to see the outline clearer. The decal shops have to have some dimensions to go by. I have made such things and it really isn't that difficult once you have the proportions. It looks like the decal you are looking for is merely the center section of the Pro Deep V 17 without the Pro part. So if you explain to the company that is what you want and give them the length and height, they should be able to do that in mere minutes. It doesn't look at all challenging to me. :noidea:

Oh and if you don't want the Sharpie outlined area anymore, just take some Lacquer Thinner, or Acetone, or even some Fingernail Polish Remover and they will wipe off like magic. JMHO