Trolling motor mount on Tahoe Q6 SF question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC Neck

Cadet
I've read every post in the Tahoe boat forum on the trolling motor mount plate for the Q-series Ski and Fish boats. Current Tahoe's have a different mounting system than older ones. There's a plate that is supposed to attach to the hockey pucks in the attached pic, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the plate I've seen online would attach to these. I've seen pucks with the T-slot receiver, but nothing that would attach in these holes. Tracker cust service is literally no help.

If anyone has these mounts, can you tell me how the plate attaches and stays put?

Attachments

• photo250825.jpg
    photo250825.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 7

DC Neck

Cadet
No Title

A pic of the plate I found online. By the measurements of the pucks, this should fit, but I don't see how it stays attached.

Attachments

• photo250826.jpg
    photo250826.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 8

DC Neck

Cadet
Took a chance and bought a plate from Great Lakes Skipper. It is listed as a Tracker Gator Mount part no 133039. Maybe this post will help somebody else in the future.

Remove the trolling motor power plug plastic cover inside the bow to access the underside of the pucks.
There are nuts on the underside of the pucks.
Unscrew the two factory pucks on the bow and retain the PVC spacers, screws, and nuts.
The plate comes with two new pucks, one for the slotted insert for the front, and one with threaded insert for the rear.
Use the white PVC spacers and screw the new pucks into the bow with the screws and nuts.

I used some red thread lock to make sure these stay tight.

Motorguide X3 940200210 is the recommended motor for this mount.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like a plan. Post a picture or three so we can see how it all goes together. I see you never had any comments or responses on this thread and that usually means nobody knew what you were talking about, and therefore couldn't offer any ideas or suggestions. I know I read it but didn't understand such things because I've never seen anything like that myself. That happens some times but glad you got it all figured out now. :thumb:

onthehunt49

Cadet
Took a chance and bought a plate from Great Lakes Skipper. It is listed as a Tracker Gator Mount part no 133039. Maybe this post will help somebody else in the future.

Remove the trolling motor power plug plastic cover inside the bow to access the underside of the pucks.
There are nuts on the underside of the pucks.
Unscrew the two factory pucks on the bow and retain the PVC spacers, screws, and nuts.
The plate comes with two new pucks, one for the slotted insert for the front, and one with threaded insert for the rear.
Use the white PVC spacers and screw the new pucks into the bow with the screws and nuts.

I used some red thread lock to make sure these stay tight.

Motorguide X3 940200210 is the recommended motor for this mount.

I have same issue with 2005 tahoe q6.. did this motorguide bolt straight up to that gator mount ? was that motor hard to find ?

DC Neck

Cadet
I bought a Gator 360 flex mount and Motorguide X3 55/FW/HB 50" trolling motor. It all fit together perfectly. I'll get some pics in this weekend.

onthehunt49

Cadet
I bought a Gator 360 flex mount and Motorguide X3 55/FW/HB 50" trolling motor. It all fit together perfectly. I'll get some pics in this weekend.

got my attention now :) That is trolling motor I have been looking at online.
was this in addition to the Tracker Gator Mount part no 133039 or in place of?
I would like removable for when grandkids want to go boating and not a fishing day :)
if possible to reply, would be appreciated as I am off to look at trolling motors and fishfinders :)

Ollie

Last edited by a moderator:

onthehunt49

Cadet
any more info or pics yet ???

got my attention now :) That is trolling motor I have been looking at online.
was this in addition to the Tracker Gator Mount part no 133039 or in place of?
I would like removable for when grandkids want to go boating and not a fishing day :)
if possible to reply, would be appreciated as I am off to look at trolling motors and fishfinders :)

Ollie

MrBillT

Recruit
Thank you for the picture. it looks like it would work my Tracker Q8. Where did you find it?

MODERATOR EDIT: Please review the forum rules about posting to old threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.