No shoe rule on boat ?

jkust

Rear Admiral
I took my snap out off once and my floor is also full diamond grip. That dark blue floor isn't a lot of fun in the sun.

Imagine that same floor way down in a sunny southern state. I love the look of the colored hulls and gel every time I see one just not the practicality.

Oshkosh1

Ensign
At my house I'm definitely insisting on no shoes, I really don't want all the filth you stepped in all day tracked all over my house...barefoot is best.
I tried that for a day...maybe two.

But after 5 kids and now one grandson...I gave up a LONG time ago(probably about 1989). Easier to buy a carpet cleaner and replace carpet every 20 years. If you have kids, shoes will be the LEAST of the issues that carpet sees!lol! Don't buy new furniture for about 15 years either as well. Oh..."barefoot is best" may work where you live, but not so much up here in January.

Although my Cuddy is still in great condition and I usually don't wear shoes while underway, I climb in and out of it with my flip flops on all the time. If your seats and carpet are damaged due simply to everyday soft soled footwear...time to upgrade anyhow.

jkust

Rear Admiral

But after 5 kids and now one grandson...I gave up a LONG time ago(probably about 1989). Easier to buy a carpet cleaner and replace carpet every 20 years. If you have kids, shoes will be the LEAST of the issues that carpet sees!lol! Don't buy new furniture for about 15 years either as well. Oh..."barefoot is best" may work where you live, but not so much up here in January.

Although my Cuddy is still in great condition and I usually don't wear shoes while underway, I climb in and out of it with my flip flops on all the time. If your seats and carpet are damaged due simply to everyday soft soled footwear...time to upgrade anyhow.
Kids are tough...the no shoes rule has pretty well stuck and worked for us at home. As we are in MN and the house has heat in all of the rooms, generally socks are ok to keep your feet warm. At our lake home however, we pretty much don't have a no shoes rule as it was designed with shoes and a lot of sand tracked in in mind where flooring was concerned. Of course most of the time you are barefoot or have crocks on anyway. Back in the day, removing shoes was just common decency...it is interesting to see who still does and doesn't immediately remove shoes.

oldjeep

Admiral
Can't say that I know anyone who wears shoes in the house, especially in MN during the winter. We gots heat and indoor plumbing now ;)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I only know one person who doesn't allow shoes in their house and that is because his wife is Japanese. I can see it in the winter in a snowy region. I take my shoes off when I am at my Tahoe house in the winter so I don't track in mud.

dieselram94

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live in mid coast maine, we have cold winters, but I keep my house at at least 72* I just hate all the mud, snow, water, and germs being tracked in. I just have to give up on the dogs though! Lol

jkust

Rear Admiral
I live in mid coast maine, we have cold winters, but I keep my house at at least 72* I just hate all the mud, snow, water, and germs being tracked in. I just have to give up on the dogs though! Lol

Here in extreme cold MN, we keep our house at 66 in the winter and actually keep the lake house at 66 as well. The main house because it is large and terribly expensive to keep warmer and the lake house because it is a tank of propane and also large so the double whammy of limited supply and high ceilings which waste energy. Of Course the discussion means in the summer shoes off at main house and ok on at lake house. In the winter, It would be unconscionable to leave your shoes on.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
I don't care either way. Leave them on if you want or take them off. Just check them for dog crap please.