1993 Century Celebrity 2500 WA WITH TWIN MERC 250

topher_22

Recruit
Hey,

I am perplexed. I have the opportunity to purchase a really nice, but dirty, Celebrity Boat. It has been sitting for about 8 years!!! One motor has 150 hours and the other has 50+- hours. I have known this guy all my life. Should I run or get it working. I can get it for $5k Nice three axle trailer as well. Someone told me they were phasing out the 93-95 Merc 250's and parts were not available........?? Just really wondering how much could go bad with it sitting.......Need to make a decision soon... Please give me your thoughts.

Oshkosh1

Ensign
Well...there's a LOT that go wrong with it sitting that long, however there's also a LOT that could have been done to prevent any damage. There's no blanket answer. Pics and a more detailed description is the only way to make any true assessment.

That being said, you using the descriptor "dirty" puts a picture in my mind that also leads to "damaged" and "rotted".

Your location/climate can also be an influencing factor especially if you experience anything resembling winter...