Quick Question For Those In The Know!

alondonboy

Recruit
My neighbour in my marina has a Glastron GS269 and after being on a recent cruise down some canals she wanted to check the sea strainer it says she has in her 'Engine' manual. She couldn't find it and, after searching, nor could I. Does anyone know if this model indeed comes with one or are they not factory fitted? If there is one fitted standard could somebody please point me in the right direction. At a guess I'd say the boat is around 5-10 years old.

Thanks in advance

alondonboy

Recruit
My neighbour in my marina has a Glastron GS269 and after being on a recent cruise down some canals she wanted to check the sea strainer it says she has in her 'Engine' manual. She couldn't find it and, after searching, nor could I. Does anyone know if this model indeed comes with one or are they not factory fitted? If there is one fitted standard could somebody please point me in the right direction. At a guess I'd say the boat is around 5-10 years old.

Thanks in advance

alondonboy

Recruit

Thanks in advance

alldodge

Staff member
Unless someone added it, the boat didn't come with a sea strainer. You wouldn't miss it. they are about 4 inch diameter and about a foot long and go from the drive to the thermostat housing by 1 1/4 inch hoses

jbcurt00

Staff member
London, please don't start multiple topics about the same subject

Merged and left in Boat topics

Thalasso

Commander
First of all what sea strainer is she looking for? A/c or generator. Highly doubt she has any for the engines as there i/o's

thumpar

Admiral
What manual? Most show every possible way it could be plumbed. It probably doesn't have strainers for the engine.

alondonboy

Recruit
Thanks all. I had one fitted recently to my Bayliner so I know what they look like and couldn't find one in her engine compartment. Just wanted to check in case it was accessible from a hatch or something outside. In her engine manual it talks about a strainer and shows one with a screw off top but I said to her it's not really part of the engine and not sure why it's mentioned in the that manual.

alldodge

Staff member
Its mentioned only because they make one manual to cover all different installs. If they didn't do this they would have to make several versions. Most also cover open and closed cooling