NEED HELP with unclogging/clearing drains in floor and livewell

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've never had a problem unclogging any drain until now :mad-new: I've tried everything from hot soapy pressurized water at the car wash to high-powered drain clearing agents with sulfuric acid (which I hated doing) and still had no noticeable difference!!

When I apply the water hose at home, to the floor drain, it comes out fine until you remove the hose/pressure. Then it slowly drains until it's almost done then stops enough to leave about an inch of water.

On the livewell, same scenario with using pressure to force water through, but as soon as you remove the pressure, it only trickles out!!!.....WTF!!

I treid using a snake from both ends and can't wiggle through the tight turns in the drain pipes... I have no other suggestions other than removing all the piping/lines which on this boat, would be a nightmare.

Any suggestions on what to try??

Boat is a 2007 Tahoe 195 OB..............BTW, when I bought it 4 weeks ago, all three drains were totally clogged, I couldn't get a drop through them, at least I have dribbles coming out now, but not what it needs to be!

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My guess is the inner layer of the hose had come loose and is blocking the hose. With high pressure it blockage is pushed out of the way but when no / low pressure the inner layer of the hose blocks the hose again.

frozenokie

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ugh!! Sounds logical... I hope I don't have to change the whole line out on each drain.