What is this hole in my transom?

Stclairvoyant

Recruit
I'm currently replacing the transom in this 1985 FiberKing Bomber and I'm a little confused by the leftmost hole in the bilge area. I know the middle hole is obviously the bilge drain and the right hole is for the livewell aerator pump, but the left is capped off on both sides and was not connected to anything when I purchased the boat a few months back. If anyone knows what this is for I would greatly appreciate the info.

Pic found at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/595gv3faab5s0ma/Photo Jul 24, 1 38 28 PM.jpg?dl=0

mr 88

Commander
It looks like some sort of thru hull transducer setup. They are usually on the bottom ,not the stern,maybe there was some sort of right angle setup. It also looks backward as in the part on the outside should be on the inside. That's my guess.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welcome: Stclairvoyant to iboats, nice you could join us...

I can't say sure certain, but usually if there is a live well and an inlet pump, there is also a drain outlet. That plugged hole could have been the drain from the live well. But if you can't find any plumbing that goes to a live well, then the Previous Owner may have removed it and used whatever to plug it up. JMHO!

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
:welcome: Stclairvoyant to iboats, nice you could join us...

I can't say sure certain, but usually if there is a live well and an inlet pump, there is also a drain outlet. That plugged hole could have been the drain from the live well. But if you can't find any plumbing that goes to a live well, then the Previous Owner may have removed it and used whatever to plug it up. JMHO!

I agree.