Loan experts please chime in

oldjeep

Admiral
For a sort of on topic response

Make sure to check a couple places, the dealer, your bank, local credit unions. Rates can be quite difference from lender to lender, and if you have a preferred lender you can typically beat them over the head with the lower rate from a competitor.

jkust

Rear Admiral
In another thread he said he is buying a 2013 Sweetwater 220sl premium with 115 Mercury 4 stroke. NADA on it with trailer is around $24K so apparently the prices where you live are pretty far off.

Sweetwater is low-endish given the scenario out by us but the engine package dictates a lot regardless. As for prices being far off...it's like people are just discovering pontoons. A couple of my neighbors listed their pontoons in order to upgrade and they were both inundated with offers. 50hp pontoons and a large lake just don't mix well. People were lining up to buy them though. It's got to be a demand situation because the used demo models are still 50k and that's with only a 150HP engine. People don't part with their money that easy so if they are buying them, they are either stupid, too wealthy for their own good or are perceiving them to be fairly priced in this market. As I always say, boat prices are so amazingly regional.

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer
I just Financed a used deck boat through a credit union. Great rates and super quick response from the credit union.

iggyw1

Master Chief Petty Officer
I can tell this is going to be one of those threads that go on and on. My only point was and still is, only the OP can know if he can afford a boat and if he need a loan. I bought my boat brand new because I was tired of fixing my boat. For a lot of people here fixing is half of the fun, I understand that but its not for everyone.

I agree with you on this 100%. The OP should just apply for his loan and see what it would run him per month. If it is more than he wants to handle, just cancel the loan application and do not close on the loan. . This should have no cost attached to it at all. Simple!