B/L Capri - Bait Well Plumbing Question

cj5orion

Cadet
87 bayliner capri
I wanna put a small bait tank on it.
cant use the swimstep.
WHERE....can ya put a thru hull on these guys ?????

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yep, wrong section. Moved it into the Boat Topics area and changed the title.

When you say "can't use the swimstep", does that mean a tank won't fit on on the platform and you need to add the tank inside? Are you looking to add a thru-hull for a drain, a fill or add both?

Typically the thru-hulls are low on the stern under a swim platform. Can you grab a photo of the stern?

I know, more questions and no answers.

You could just use a temporary bait well and not drill through the hull. But typically, yeah, below the waterline, clamshell intake port either outside the first chine or right at the bottom of the side just above the edge of the vertical/horizontal meeting.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Depends on what the through hull fitting is for. Bait/livewells have three requirements for plumbing. 1) water intake to the pump. 2) baitwell drain and 3) baitwell overflow. #1 and #2 are usually below the waterline at the transom as close to the bottom of the boat as possible. #3 can be plumbed to the drain line or to an above the water line through hull.

cj5orion

Cadet
ok,,,thanx all !
hmmm...the temp idea is something I hadnt considered !

If ya dont install a thru-hull...
I assume your "rigging" a hose or pvc(?) over the transom. ?
Would this/does this still keep water pumping to the tank as your underway to the fishin grounds ?
I generally cruise at about half throttle,,,depends on the sea.