What year is this boat

82rude

Rear Admiral
Is that a glass boat?On my ss 160 the plate is right beside the driver.Id say that boat should handle 90 to 115?I believe my hin number is on the outside back.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
You could try this formula it should get you close.lenght x width x2-90=hp limit. assuming a 20 inch transom.

Falco198

Cadet
ill be going down at it this evening to take another look and get ready to lay a new piece of plywood floor was rotted when i bought the boat but the stringers are still good

82rude

Rear Admiral
Measure at the widest width of the boat and report back.I had a 76 glasser and she was rated for 135hp.My cal of 140 for yours may be off a tad but assuming 7 ft wide its correct.

Falco198

Cadet
Heyes guys thanks for all your help on getting the year turns out its an 79 put it in the water last night no throttle response from the motor on the remote controls tired and pissed off left it on a sand beach next morning back down again took the cowling off solution to the throttle part was found a linkage popped off lol so fixed that took her for a spin wasn't expecting the performance out of her like I got according to the gps she hit 34 knots with me and the old man aboard that's with the 40hp mariner more then fast enough for me planes really easy as well just got some more tweaks to do with the remote controls now can't seem to get her all the way in reverse with the controls and trouble getting throttle in forward at times unless I use the starting lever on the controls but it's coming along

Falco198

Cadet
So I found my hin it makes no sense the plate has frd 3 2149 made in canada there is no other numbers any help identifying this would be great need to re power it lower unit hitting rocks is bad for an engine and I have a chance to get a Yamaha 3 cylinder 60hp with power tilt trim controls and estart for a great price trying to figure out if the boat can handle it