Livewell Overflow Tube Needed

Nitro2014

Seaman Apprentice
The hole into the livewell measures 1 inch in diameter. I looked everywhere online and can't find a tube that is 1 inch. Found a tube that was 7/8 and another that was 1 1/8. It was then when I began to second guess the size of tube I need. Anybody have any ideas? By the way, the tube needed has to bend at a 90 degree angle due to the drain hole location. (On side and near bottom.). THANKS!

Last edited:

gddavid

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This is for the stand pipe style drain is internal to the tank and any leaking at that fitting just goes overboard right?

3/4" ID Schedule 40 PVC tube has an OD of 1.05" which gets you pretty close, if you have access to a lathe you could turn it down a little and have a nice tight fit, otherwise some sand paper and persistence will get the job done. Some fittings should allow you make any configuration you need.

Nitro2014

Seaman Apprentice
Yes, you are correct. All that leaks goes overboard. Looks like I will be heading to the hardware store to look at pipe and fittings. Thanks for the help!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Those stand pipes generally had a vinyl or rubber end on them that made a tight seal.

Nitro2014

Seaman Apprentice
Yes I would have liked to have gotten one with the rubber end, but sanded down the 3/4 pipe instead. It is a pretty tight seal so hopefully it gets me by for the hour drive back home from the lake.