Help identifying 14ft Sears tri hull

westsloper

Recruit
I need some help identifying a Sears boat that was recently given to me.
I've tried looking Up the model# 61145 and cannot find any information on it.

It's in rough shape and needs a lot of work.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard:

There's probably not too much more to find out than what you already know. You can find some stuff on Sears boats HERE, but really this boat comes from an era when EVERYBODY made 'em. Watcha' trying to figure out that manufacturer detail would help with?

westsloper

Recruit
I guess you're right, I was just more curious about the name of the boat and and possibly the year it was manufactured. It's very similar to the gamefisher line of boats. I really like the design of the boat and I'm excited to get it fixed up.

southkogs

Staff member
Gamefisher did make boats for Sears ... you can see some specs HERE. So, it's very possible. Boats built before '72 didn't require Hull ID Numbers (HIN), so it can get tough to tell sometimes.

It looks early 70s to me ... those hulls could really scoot with the right motor on 'em.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
My first thought was that it's one the trihedrals that MFG (Molded Fiberglass Corp) built. They made a lot of boats that were marketed by both them and Sears back in the 60's and 70's. But when I searched fiberglassics, the similar MFG models had a much lower HP rating, so just not sure.

shrew

Lieutenant
I'm pretty sure Gamefisher was the Sears brand. Manufactured by other boat and engine manufacturers with the 'Gamefisher' label slapped on the motors and the boats themselves.

westsloper

Recruit
After a lot a searching I have found out that it's a 68', Sears never did have a name for it just Model# 61145. I also found out that they originally had a center console and very few were made as they were not a big seller in 1968.