What's it called?

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys, my boat is a 2003 maxum 1900sr. There was a plastic piece with rubber bumper about 1inch total attached by 2 screw that fell off when I was boating. This piece stopped the walkthrough windshield when opened from hitting the side windshield. Where can I get a replacement/what are they called? I've searched but can only find some wide rubber bumpers.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I call it a window stop. When I was a kid our home had "door stops" on all the floors behind the door so we couldn't put the knob through the wall. I would think a Maxim dealer will have one. Jury rig something now before someone breaks a window.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You can get a rubber stopper at lowes and drill a hole thru it for a screw. Worked great on my last 2 boats 👍🏻

R055

Chief Petty Officer
Okay I'll see if my local marine stores have it if not then I'll order on iboats. I kinda need it asap although I still have 1 screw in there that holds the windshield from hitting the other one.

roffey

Commander
the one I saw on iboats kooks to be the one to hold the window open.

R055

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Made a quick fix today and I'll order the real one on iboats. I went to my local hardware store and got the biggest rubber cork they had. Made big hole almost to the bottom to clear the screw head. And then a small hole for the screw.

Attachments

• photo246836.png
    photo246836.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0