Boat now has built in AC .....

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
well this happened yesterday....5 miles from the lake to!! ... should have been a sign ... ended up about getting in a fight at the boat ramp.... and breaking my cell phone.... plus didn't catch a dang fish!!...

well anyways... gonna call the insurance company tomorrow anyone know how this goes down with insurance???

If nothing else would it be dumb to take the windshield completely out and replace it with a small plexiglass one.... I put two pictures below what im thinking for "worst case scenarios if insurance wont cover it.

Attachments

• photo244948.jpg
    photo244948.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo244949.jpg
    photo244949.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 0
  • photo244950.jpg
    photo244950.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 0

roffey

Commander
hmm curved glass so you have to get it from the manufacturer... might not be as expensive as you think as the boat looks new and you can install it your self. As far as the set up, I like the windshield you currently have (minus the small crack in the drivers side). When boating in cold weather it's nice to close things in a little.

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
hmm curved glass so you have to get it from the manufacturer... might not be as expensive as you think as the boat looks new and you can install it your self. As far as the set up, I like the windshield you currently have (minus the small crack in the drivers side). When boating in cold weather it's nice to close things in a little.

yea that's my first option to see what my deductible is..... going to call insurance tomorrow...

southkogs

Staff member
Check the other windows and see who made the windscreen. As likely as not it wasn't Crestliner, and you'll be able to order a new piece. That boat's pretty new, I can't imagine it'd be too hard to track down.

roffey

Commander
Gravel truck threw a rock up 5 miles from the lake.....

for a rock to miss the car and hit the windshield of the boat is a perfect shot. I can just imagine how blue the air was.... bad luck my friend. On the bright side if its a rock then there is no damage to the supports? if it were me I would fix what you have.

alldodge

Staff member
Search for Lexan on the forum. Guy here replaced his with Lexan and it came out great. The pros and cons of lexan are covered in the thread

jforrest1

Seaman
If the rock was kicked up from the road then its a road hazard and you're out of luck. If the rock came out of the gravel truck then its a load issue and you could seek reimbursement from them. In all probability, a tough call.