is this a support

Thoughtshurt

Cadet
ok first of all srry for the bad picture I had to keep cropping it so that this site would exept it lol. any ways this is an older flying crest 17 there was an old bench seat there that I know longer have I think this metal box is just storage and support for the seat but I wanna know if I can remove this and extend the floor boards so I can mount some nice pedestal seats that I have wich would be great bc I do not have seats for this. or is it an important support to keep the boat from folding in which I don't think so bc its a double walled boat and this thing doesn't look like it supports that way ty for you help

Attachments

• photo244934.jpg
    photo244934.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 1

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Tale a picture of the whole inside of the n
Boat. However my guess is that it is a structural member of the boat. Looks like the seat boxes in dad's little tinny that are also filled with floatation foam.

Thoughtshurt

Cadet
No Title

This is the largest photo it will let me upload

Attachments

• photo244958.jpg
    photo244958.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 0

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I can see the box you're talking about, it's a bench seat alright. It looks as though it stops at the side panels and it doesn't attach to the sides of the boat. How is the seat box attached to the boat, just to the deck or?

More importantly is what is going on with the transom and stern area of the boat? It looks like the transom skin is missing and it's just dark rotted wood back there! :eek:

fetch

Thoughtshurt

Cadet
I looked and the frount piece of metal is attached to the bottom and hull so I guess it stays and I am replaceing the transom this week