can anyone tell me what type of antenna this is

steptoe1111

Cadet
hey guys how is everyone,quick question there has to be somebody who knows what this is, (I attached the pic )
I got it out of a box of junk down at the local swapmeet I know its off a boat and is some type of antenna but is rf vhf or some type of radar antenna .

Attachments

• photo244821.jpg
    photo244821.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looks like a GPS antenna. Nothing on the stickers/labels?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
With such a tiny pic it could be anything, but now that you mention xducer, the shaft does look threaded with a rusty nut on the end.

steptoe1111

Cadet
thanks for all the replys guys
the lables are preety faded this looks preety old , from what I can read on one layble sais MU RATA and some type of serial no. or modlle but so hard to make out maybe 05375 googled it and nothing,
it does have a big rusty nut on on a theaded shaft with a plastic one at the end as metioned in a previous post thankyou GA_Boater
it looks to me like very early eighties or late seventies
I would of assumed there was no gps back then just radar im interested in this cause I love my electronics and would like to get more into the cb radio side of things and learn some more
but what makes me think or thought it maybe some type of RF device or antenna is the connecter looks like a standard rf cable like what you plug your tv into ps sorry about the size of the pic I had problems posting the image because it was to big , after several frustrating atemps of resizing reposting and a beer later seems I went from extreme to the next lol but thanks heaps guys

thumpar

Admiral
Murata is a manufacturer of communications equipment so there is a start.

steptoe1111

Cadet
don't paticuly wont post to drag on and on as sure others feel the same lol but say its a through hull transducer assume (ofcorse) only two wires woul that make it single beam ?....

and id recon it could work on any single beem finder if plug was modified ( my chepo blk en white finder from jv is only two wires)
.... as for size I wouldent think it would be stronger as things specialy electronics due to tech back in those days had to be larger compaired to what is micro chip these days
and increasing transducer size I recon would not help as its amplification provided to the signal from the unit .... unless supplied seperatly from say some type of mast head amp without introduceing to much noise to disrupt the read out I can test it on the finder and can only see then try picking up an rf sig ect ect to determin but just thought someone may know but definatly work a little out as to what thankyou