Purchase help: 2008 Blue Wave 1900 vlc VS 2012 Sea Hunt XP19

fishinggg

Recruit
After taking longer than expected to decide on the boat I want, I decided on a 19 or 20 foot bay boat. The local dealer just got the two boats listed in the thread title, and I like both but not sure which to pick...

My main concern with the blue wave is that it seems really light for a bay boat - 1,175 pounds.
Also, the Sea Hunt has a yamaha engine where the Blue Wave has a susuki.

The BW is selling for $18,995 and comes with a fold down top and a trolling motor. The only thing I would have to have add is the power pole.

The SH is selling for $26,000 and doesn't come with bimini top or trollining motor, so I would have to buy top + trolling motor + power pole. So that would add few grand on top of the initial cost.

I will be fishing inshore only in southern LA (delacriox, golden meadow, lafitte, etc.) Any thoughts on the pros/cons of each direction?
user_offline.gif

roffey

Commander
Wow, that's a huge price difference. I bet its going to come down to condition, maybe condition might play a part as well.

Oh and welcome aboard, you will get a honest answer soon.

fishinggg

Recruit
Thank you roffey for the quick reply.... The price difference is pretty big. After buying the add-ons, I think the price difference would be around 10k. The sea hunt is pristine though - looks almost brand new. The thing that worries me with the blue wave is the weight though - I would really like to hear from someone who has/had one and how it handled.

roffey

Commander
My boat is around 2500lb and in 2 foot swells it will almost leave the water. Fun for me but not the passengers.