livewell pump replacement

gvysk

Cadet
Sorry if this should have gone in a subforum. I need to replace the livewell pumps on my 1996 lund tyee. I removed the floor cover in back and can see the two livewell pumps there. They are the attwood 500a that are no longer made. The part I am wondering about is it appears the pump is directly connected to the livewell valve. I have the switch by the dash where I can move it to fill,empty or recirculate. There is a cable from that switch to the valve. Will I need to redo my setup to replace the pumps? Not sure if I will be able to reuse the valve if there is some type of direct connection on the old pumps. Any assistance would be appreciated is anyone has done this before. My next step was to try and unhook all the hoses and cables and remove the entire pump/valve assembly and go to a lund dealer. I tried to call lund directly but all you can do is leave a message, can't get to a real person.

Thanks,
Greg

Challenger84

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry if this should have gone in a subforum. I need to replace the livewell pumps on my 1996 lund tyee. I removed the floor cover in back and can see the two livewell pumps there. They are the attwood 500a that are no longer made. The part I am wondering about is it appears the pump is directly connected to the livewell valve. I have the switch by the dash where I can move it to fill,empty or recirculate. There is a cable from that switch to the valve. Will I need to redo my setup to replace the pumps? Not sure if I will be able to reuse the valve if there is some type of direct connection on the old pumps. Any assistance would be appreciated is anyone has done this before. My next step was to try and unhook all the hoses and cables and remove the entire pump/valve assembly and go to a lund dealer. I tried to call lund directly but all you can do is leave a message, can't get to a real person.

Thanks,
Greg

I dont think there s a direct relation with the pump and the value..
The pump should only do one thing.. pump water..
Post a picture of the setup so we will have a better idea of what you are talking about.

gvysk

Cadet
No Title

After I got it all out I was able to figure out that the pump does thread into the valve. So if that is a standard size I should be abe to find a pump that will work. I though it was all one assembly before I was able to get it out.

Attachments

• photo244814.JPG
    photo244814.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 3