OMC Cobra 4.3L HO Question - The Time Has Come

amstech

Cadet
Hello everyone,

When I first bought my boat I had some questions and I got some great answers on here.
I was hoping to get some help once again.

1) The time has come to replace the outdrive bellows, seals, etc. I have water coming in through the back near the outdrive, these are the original bellows on a 27 year old boat. I've noticed a small straw sized hole in the exhaust bellow near the top, and the entire thing it just ribbed, worn out and dry. Boat has 470 hours, not too bad for a 1989; its in great shape and the motor/outdrive work and sound great. I would like to keep it this way, it does about 48MPH with 2 people and a dog (have video) and I was still playing with the trim.

They make complete kits with updated bearings on ebay
I have to give them my HIN# to get the exact kit for my boat but basically here is what I will get, give or take:

-New style Perma-lube Gimbal Bearing (non greasable)
-U-Joint Bellow
-Exhaust Bellow
-Shift Cable Bellow
-Gimbal Bearing Seal
-Water Hose
-Mounting Gasket Kit
-Hose Clamps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131694433409?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Is this everything I need? Anything I should replace while I am doing this?
About how much is it going to run me to have this installed?
I've replaced the side louvers, drain plug, new trailer, replacing the stereo, etc and love the boat.
The hull/body is in great shape, no cracks besides some small ones where the outdrive bolts onto the rear of the boat.

Here is a pic of my outfit, if only it would float without taking on water!