Took on water

jsmilinjoe1964

Recruit
I recently bought a 1985 Procraft 1750V. Took it out today and it took on a lot of water. Is there a place where I can get a plumbing diagram??? It has 2 live wells but I don't understand all the ports and piping.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
First, Welcome to I-Boats! You picked one of the best places for advice. That being said, You will be hard pressed to find a diagram for it. The best approach is to back it in on the trailer, and have a good look. You can even fill any live wells on the hard and see where the water exits, study your plumbing carefully and you will figure it out. After 3 posts you can put up pictures for us to look at, or set up photo bucket account and put a link up for us.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
You did have the bilge drain plug installed I hope. And if you did, was it tight?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Water gets into a boat through holes (or over the sides obviously). The holes must be below the water line for that to happen so start searching at the back of the boat. There will be at least one hole directly into the bilge to drain it. A tight fitting plug is required to seal this hole. If the boat has a livewell there must be at least one additional hole that allows water INTO the livewell pump. If the line from that fitting is broken or disconnected anywhere before or after the pump, you will have water in the boat (lots of it). There may also be an additional hole that serves as the livewell drain. Same principle. Water from the outside gets inside if the line is broken or disconnected. Sometimes the drain is out a port at the side of the boat but the principle is the same. Once you identify which port is causing the issue you can take the steps to fix it -- or block off the offending port.