Giving back with a portable rod holder idea.

chuck.6340

Recruit
I can't thank everyone here enough for all the great info! So I wanted to help giveback but I am still kind of a new to this, but here goes... I bought a '94 Stingray with a cuddy cabin and a 4.3lx Mercruiser, so you know I have a lot of maintenance to deal with and loving every second! My real issue started when I found myself fishing more and more. I forgot how much I liked to fish! Anyway, I needed a rod holder but the cuddy doesn't lend itself to having mountable holders in the place that you want, and I didn't want to make too many alterations to the boat just yet. So I needed something temporary.

So I purchased a Scotty rod holder and put it on an old 2x8 then sanded all the edges to make it safe and 'poof' instant portable rod holder. I originally did this to try and decide where to permanently mount it, but then fell in love with the idea of it being portable just shove it behind a seat, or against the rail with a clip or strap. When you are out with the family just remove it. It's more stable than I imagined, but you can't go Bluefin fishing with it, just keep it within reason.

Full Holder (490x1024).jpg