Reupholster boat seats

rcboats1

Recruit
Fireman431
You are definitely generous with your knowledge and equipment. I have tried to interact with shops in my area while hiring them to do jobs for me and they have all been very reluctant to share information let alone materials.

We are getting ready to re-upholster our Maxum and appreciate the input in this thread, it will help us in our quest.

mrssmth

Cadet
Wow! Thank you all for all of your advice, it is much appreciated. This is turning into a much bigger project then I originally expected, but I am excited for it.
I ended up ordering morbern seabrook vinyl from rochford.com (I went with the color midnight and marble). I decided upon this because I can buy welding premade in the exact color I need from sailrite.com and I know for a fact I'll be able to get these exact colors later on if something happens. I ended up also ordering the UV thread from sailrite.com
I have not yet decided on foam, that's my next task. Along with getting marine plywood since it is pretty wore out.
I'll keep you guys posted on what I end up doing and post photos!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Wow! Thank you all for all of your advice, it is much appreciated. This is turning into a much bigger project then I originally expected, but I am excited for it.
I ended up ordering morbern seabrook vinyl from rochford.com (I went with the color midnight and marble). I decided upon this because I can buy welding premade in the exact color I need from sailrite.com and I know for a fact I'll be able to get these exact colors later on if something happens. I ended up also ordering the UV thread from sailrite.com
I have not yet decided on foam, that's my next task. Along with getting marine plywood since it is pretty wore out.
I'll keep you guys posted on what I end up doing and post photos!
Morbern Seabrook is an excellent material.

thetmaxx

Cadet
I used Joanns on my jet ski seat, holds up real good. plan to use it again this weekend on my engine cover for the boat. Some day when I redo the whole interior I'll use something better as recommended here. I love sailrite's videos on youtube BTW

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Fireman431
You are definitely generous with your knowledge and equipment. I have tried to interact with shops in my area while hiring them to do jobs for me and they have all been very reluctant to share information let alone materials.

That is sad to hear. I help anyone I can, because I was a broke young man once who was trying to get things done inexpensively. I sew things constantly for free (I always tell them that "I'll gouge them on the next job"), give away small cuts of materials or sell at cost, I special order materials for people when they do the labor themselves, and I've even let a woman who wanted to do her own dining room seats come into the shop and provided the gun/staples and talked her thru it without a charge. It doesn't have to be difficult to be a good business.

If you need something specific, just PM me.