Kudos To Perko

RGrew176

Commander
Last August I purchased my 1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin. One thing that did not come with the boat was a key to the cabin doors. Somewhere over the previous 34 years and 2 owners the cabin key was lost.

I saw a code on the lock itself. I emailed Perko last week but heard nothing. Yesterday I called them and asked if it were possible for them to get me the needed key. I gave the lady on the phone the lock code. She said that is an old code, what year is your boat. I told her it was a 1981 Carver. She said that they probably did not stock keys that old but she would go and look.

She was gone a few minutes. When she came back on the line she said that she found 2 keys and that she would hold them for me. In order for them to ship the keys to me they needed me to send them a copy of the title, or registration or insurance showing that I indeed was the owner of the boat. They said for the small amount they would not let me use a credit card that I would have to send a check. No problem says I. I asked how much for the keys. She said $1.80 each for the keys and $1.50 for shipping. So, for the mere sum of $5.10 I will be able to lock the cabin doors once I launch.

I mailed out the check and the copy of the title with Wednesdays mail. Hopefully I will have the keys in a couple of weeks, hopefully sooner. Although theft is not a big problem at the marina I am at this will at least slow down a thief for a couple of seconds with the doors locked.

Once again, kudos and thanks to Perko for great customer service.

RGrew176

Commander
I called Perko to day to check up on the progress. They said that they put my new keys in todays mail. I should have them hopefully by the end of the week. It sure will be nice to be able to lock the doors to the salon. I know that won't keep the bad guys out but it will slow them down just a bit. I really do not like leaving the boat unlocked.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It is nice that they had keys for the locks but unless they have records that show your boat was built with those locks a copy of a title does little to prove your not doing something illegal.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
if you have the lock code you can get most any key off of the net, i have done that many times

Newbie@boats

Chief Petty Officer
You never really here of stuff like this just people complaining about service they received.....

bad news always travels faster then good news.....

glad you were able to figure it out

RGrew176

Commander
The 2 keys that Perko sent me arrived in the mail on Saturday. I will be headed back to my boat on Wednesday. Will find out then if the keys are the correct ones. Fingers crossed.