Ramp Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
i usually go through 3 pairs of water shoes during the summer. Mostly because they smell bad, so I toss them. Is there something else better for slippery ramps for say 20-40 bucks ?

southkogs

Staff member
LOL ... I'm barefoot half the time and in flip-flops the other. I think I swap out flip-flops every other year or so.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I use Nike slides... and you won't stink!

dce37938be202d9dbabee8394f9b9150.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I dip my canvas crocs in a bucket of hot water, laundry detergent and color safe bleach once a month to get the ocean/river funk out of them. much cheaper than new shoes.

My Teva sandals finally died. the little plastic triangular links on the straps broke due to UV damage. I thin they were 15 years old.

ziggy

Admiral
i just wear my birkenstocks. same thing i wear all summer long. never put shoes on. when i launch the boat, i kick the sandals off so i can get my feet wet. when i get on board my boat, i kick the sandals off and go barefoot on the boat. i do have rubber sandals on board the boat. with backs for the heels. these i use when i gotta get into unknown waters where there may be debris that i don't want to step on. with the backs (heel strap), i use them in muddy bottoms. like the missouri river. i've sank in over my ankles and had them stay on. had them come off a time or two too though. imho, sandals is the way to go. on and off in an instant. they last about 2 years of all spring, summer, fall use.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I got a pair of water shpes at ithink academy sports. Flip flops are not as secure on my feet

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Rubber crocs. Easy to step into and kick off.

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
Canvas Chuck Taylor's. Get white and you can wash them with bleach. Good grip on most surfaces. Don't mark up the boat and stay securely on your feet.

oldjeep

Admiral
Why are you standing in the water at the ramp?

Because that is how you launch some boats. If mine is in far enough to get the boat on or off trailer then you are standing in water to work winch. Don't be afraid of the water;)

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Why are you standing in the water at the ramp?
Agree. If I had to walk on the algae loaded concrete ramp to launch my boat I would buy a boathouse with a lift.

So many people have storage trailers. Personally, I wouldn't be without a launching trailer.

Getting your feet wet (at the launch ranp) takes all the fun out of boating.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for all the advice and options:) I might try the crocks. Yeah my boat requires me to get in the water to winch it.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Could be.

Launching by myself takes about 3 minutes, and that's if I take my time, loading is about the same, and I stay dry. It's quicker with two people.

I hate to plug up the ramp and make people wait.

Last edited:

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
hey now, i can load my boat in 2-3 minutes, wet feet and all :D - we boat every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.