Live well location question

Colorado#5

Recruit
[FONT=&quot]My boat doesn't have a live well. A 16? Aluminum Deep V bottom Bass Boat with a 74? beam. I plan to add a live well. A big one. Like 28 gallons big. I've seen the smaller ones in the boats of my buddies and they are typically alone one side of the boat. I'd like to run my across the width of the boat rather than down the length. I also plan to put it under the edge of my front casting deck so the lid is on the edge approximately 6? from the bow. Will this cause me any issues? Will that be too much weight in the front of the boat? Are the any other issues that would make this location a bad one?[/FONT]

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
That's 233 lbs of water plus the weight of the well and the pump. Seems like it might be a bit too much for a 16 footer, but if you have a good-sized friend, put him/her up there and cruise around to see how the boat reacts.

Colorado#5

Recruit
Man I was hoping I would get more input on this. Is it a matter that no one knows the answer or is it that it's not that big a deal?

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
I dont know the answer, but if you have yourself, the weight of the live well, gear, and your buddies how will that effect the boat?
planing?
motor bogging?
stuff like that?

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Load up your boat with the most you expect to have then add 250 lbs of sand bags to the front deck where you want the live well. See if it is okay for you. I would say it is too big.